Seven Summer Home Maintenance Tips for 2022
The summer months are finally here and with that comes seasonal maintenance to keep you and yours safe within your home. Check out these seven tips that can help you prevent issues that may lead to more serious and expensive problems down the road.
- Control and monitor the temperature and humidity in your home to prevent mold growth. To keep air circulating you can also change the direction of your fan to turn counterclockwise, so it creates a down breeze, which helps to keep the air cool in those hot summer months.
- Check and replace smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries to protect you and your family from potential emergencies. Also, take the time to clean and service grills and fire pits to prevent potential fires.
- Trim trees on your property and ensure large structures are up to code to prevent damage due to falling objects during summer thunderstorms.
- Keep your home comfortable and cool by doing routine HVAC maintenance, that not only increases efficiency, but also eliminates odors, reduces potential mold growth, and improves the overall quality of the air in your home.
- Prevent potential disasters by getting your air ducts and dryer vents cleaned, to remove dust and debris.
- Have your carpets and upholstery cleaned to reduce allergens in your environment that are brought in daily. Particles and debris from A/C, open windows, and traffic can settle deep within the fabrics in your home and may require deep cleaning to prevent breakdown and damage at a deeper level.
- Help prevent flooding in your home by cleaning out your gutters and downspouts, checking for potential issues in the foundation of your house that could lead to leaks, and make sure your roof is in good condition in case of summer rainstorms.
Owning a home is no small feat, and just with anything else of importance, there are things you must do periodically to take care of what you have worked so hard for. SERVPRO of Roanoke County and Montgomery and Pulaski Counties is proud to provide services that can help keep your home safe and clean during every season of the year. If you need assistance in anything from duct cleaning to storm or water damage, give us a call to see how we take the stress off of your shoulders: (540) 389-5818.